WISDOM LISTS #9
Know Thy House Painting Do’s and Don’ts
1. Thou should not paint… period… however if you get weak, or caught, or forced at gunpoint….
2. Thou should know about 3” Paint Tape… Frog Tape.
3. Thou should know about big fat rollers… not the painter him/her self, but for the actual painting with big fat rollers. (Note: it is OK if the painter is a big fat roller as long as it is not you doing the rolling.)
4. Thou should know about good brushes… some could cost as much $2.99 for the big ones. (Note: The bigger the brush the shorter the job.)
5. Thou should know about drop cloths… two kinds: one to wrap yourself in and several more to cover the floor.
6. Thou should know to not clean paint brushes… buy cheap ones and throw them away… because one can never get the paint out of them anyway.
7. Thou should not test colors on walls that can be seen… because even painting over them… they will still be seen.
8. Thou should know to hire your nine-year-old nephew to do your painting…others won’t know you didn’t do it yourself.
9. Thou should not paint… period. And if thou should happen to forget and paint, remember:
“And he shall break down the house, its stones and timber and all the plaster of the house, and he shall carry them out of the city to an unclean place.” Leviticus 14:45
But, if you get caught up in this painting thing….
“See that you say nothing to anyone, but go, show yourself to the priest and offer for your cleansing what Moses commanded, for a proof to them.” Jesus