Tony Morgan writes these seven questions to help us get unstuck:
1. Where are we going? This is the vision question.
2. Why are we going there? This is the values question.
3. Who will go with us? This is the people question.
4. How will we get there? This is the strategy question.
5. What do we have available? This is the resources question.
6. Did we make it there? This is the measures question.
7. Where are we going next? This is the re-vision question.
Morgan finishes by saying, “It’s not going to help you to whine about your circumstances. Not only is it not very becoming, it also just reinforces your level of stuckness.”
Not bad counsel for getting out of the mud.
“And no one puts new wine into old wineskins. If he does, the wine will burst the skins—and the wine is destroyed, and so are the skins. But new wine is for fresh wineskins.” Jesus