COLIN POWELL’S RULES
Colin Powell, a four star Army general and former Secretary of State under George W. Bush, had this list of rules to live by:
1. It ain’t as bad you think. It will look better in the
2. Get mad, and then get over it.
3. Avoid having your ego so close to your position
that when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
4. It can be done.
5. Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
6. You can’t make someone else’s choices. You
shouldn’t let someone else make yours.
7. Check small things.
8. Remain calm. Be kind.
9. Don’t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good
10. Share credit.
11. Have a vision. Be demanding.
12. Don’t take counsel from your fears or naysayers.
13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
“I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves.” Jesus