COLIN L. POWELL
Colin L. Powell (1937-2021) a former Army four star general and Secretary of State died this past October from complications of Myeloma and COVID-19. He was well known for his ‘13 Rules of Leadership.’
1. It ain’t as bad as you think! It will look better in the
2. Get mad then get over it.
3. Avoid having your ego so close to your position that
when your position falls, your ego goes with it.
4. It can be done.
5. Be careful what you choose. You may get it.
6. Don’t let adverse facts stand in the way of a good
7. You can’t make someone else’s choices. You
shouldn’t let someone else make yours.
8. Check small things.
9. Share credit.
10. Remain calm. Be kind.
11. Have a vision. Be demanding.
12. Don’t take the counsel of your fears or naysayers.
13. Perpetual optimism is a force multiplier.
“I will show you what it’s like when someone comes to me, listens to my teaching, and then follows it. It is like a person building a house who digs deep and lays the foundation on solid rock. When the floodwaters rise and break against that house, it stands firm because it is well built.” Jesus